Free coffee at Total 14th Avenue!
THE Total service station on the corner of 14th and Davidson Avenue in Northcliff, Johannesburg, has taken another step in the direction of full environmental sustainability with its recent installation of Eco Wash, the award-winning, water-saving car wash...
Latest Eco Wash Installations
TAKE the New Road off-ramp on the N1 Highway to find Eco Wash installed at Shell, New Road...
Enterprise Development Opportunities
The objectives of Enterprise Development are : Potential to create 'Environmental Entrepreneurs' who would be generating a sustainable business for themselves, and their families...
Eco Wash Training, Service, Backup and Replenishment
Eco Wash as a company does not itself wash cars, but rather we supply the Eco Wash waterless car wash equipment, product and training to companies or operators who are running their own car wash operations...
- An estimated 1, 4 billion people live in river basins where their use of water exceeds minimum recharge levels, leading to the desiccation of rivers and the depletion of groundwater.
- There are 19 megacities with more than ten million inhabitants.
- It is projected that there will be 9 billion people in the world by 2050, increasing competition for scarce water resources.
- There are about 10% of the world's irrigated lands that have been damaged by waterlogging and salinisation because of poor drainage and irrigation practices.
- 60% of the world's 227 largest rivers have been severely fragmented by dams, diversions and canals.
- There is an average annual growth of 12% in the world's bottled water industry.
- 6 Fish species in the world have become extinct since the 1970s.
- The women in developing countries spend an average of 15 hours collecting water every week.
- Alien Plants are costing the world an average of 5% of the global GDP per annum.
- Africa uses only 4% of renewable water resources.
- There are an estimated 1 200 dams in Africa. Hundreds more are under construction or being planned.
- Women and children carry (mostly on their heads) an average weight of 20kg of water in Africa and Asia. This is equivalent to the permitted airport luggage.
- There are an estimated 200 fish species wiped out in Lake Victoria following the introduction
- The average annual rainfall is 480mm in South Africa.
- South Africa has an average of 49 billion m3 of annual mean annual runoff.
- 21% of South Africa receives less than 200 mm of rain a year.
- There is 40% of the world's population without basic sanitation.
- There are 10% of the world's crops being irrigated with sewage effluent which are often untreated.
- An average of 16 000 people die in South Africa every year from diarrheal diseases.
- 73% of households have access to at least basic sanitation.
- There are 51 schools in South Africa with no sanitation.
- There is an estimated number of 986 sewage treatment plants in South Africa.